Friday, February 6, 2015

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Do Your Share

I told my kids the custodians will be short staffed today and it will just be Mr. W here after school. The next thing I knew (without me even asking them to do this) they were ALL on the floor picking up trash and WASHING the floor and desks!!! Not even joking. They were on their knees scrubbing with paper towels they got from the sink and made little “wet floor” signs to put up all over the room. I turned off the lights to start our Friday Habit Hero video and they grabbed the flashlights from our science lesson on stars to keep going. I heard one kid say, “I want to give back to him because he does so much for us.” Oh. My. Goodness. I believe I have a classroom full of little leaders! :) These kids sure ended my week with a smile and a happy/proud heart!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment